Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas break for Freelancers

Hi all!

As a freelancer, you only get paid whenever you do and finish a job and being a freelance writer means no break for me. A survey was posted in Odesk if freelancers are planning to take a break during the holidays. I was quite surprised that majority are still willing to work as long as there is work for them.

On my part, I took a break or a sit back with my writing during the season. First, we had to transfer to our new house (yehey!) which means that my internet connection was temporarily cut-off by my ISP (ouch!). Secondly, we had to travel to my parents' home for Christmas. And lastly, the endless get togethers, parties and weddings that I was obliged to attends keeps me off from my laptop.

For freelance writers and freelancers in general, it is not imposible to take a break especially during a " global holiday" like Christmas, all you have to do is to inform the dates that you can't work and your expected return to work. It would also be nice if you check your email everyday in case there are urgent things.

So, rejoice and celebrate the season!

No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

About Me

My photo
Shifting to be a freelance writer from the conventional 8-5pm job was the best career move I made. I have control of my time especially for my toddler and most of all, I reap higher financial rewards!