Sunday, January 18, 2009

Having your own blog: The best investment

I had my own domain for my site valcaulin.com for $15/year and it is my first investment as a freelance writer. If you really want to be serious and work full-time as a freelancer, then you must invest in some things. Some would buy some software like Copyscape and some ebooks on freelancing or as a freelance writers.

But for me, the first thing that you must spend in order to earn more is to have your own blog. There are many free blogs like blogspot and wordpress but to have your own domain like yourname.com is more professional.

Also, your client will know that they are dealing business with someone who is really serious.

Your blog or site is your own portfolio. Writing anything or posting your latest pic will sho what kind of a writer are you. It also saves time when you apply for a job; you dont have to attach a document. You just have to say.

" Kindly refer to my site, www.valcaulin.com for my writing samples."

Is it quick and more efficient?


So take your time, save some bucks and get serious in your writing!


Earn and Write!

No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

About Me

My photo
Shifting to be a freelance writer from the conventional 8-5pm job was the best career move I made. I have control of my time especially for my toddler and most of all, I reap higher financial rewards!